- CASAA is the Consumer Advocates for Smokefree Alternatives Association
- CASAA formed in 2009 by members of an online forum as an advocacy group to raise awareness and protect our right to access reduced harm alternatives.
- CASAA has over 120,000 registered members*
- CASAA was created as an answer to the anti-Tobacco Harm Reduction groups' efforts to ban THR products and in the belief that there is strength in our numbers.
- CASAA is not a trade organization.
- The original CASAA 13-member board was elected by members of the electronic cigarette and smokeless tobacco community.
- The current board of directors consists of board-appointed members.
- CASAA board of director members are all volunteers and receive no financial compensation.
- CASAA's bylaws strictly limit the number of retailers allowed to 1/3 or less to prevent industry interests having a majority vote.
- CASAA is a registered non-profit organization in Alabama.
- CASAA has IRS non-profit 501(c)(4) status.
- Although donations to CASAA are accepted from many sources, CASAA has no financial or policy agreements with the electronic cigarette, tobacco or pharmaceutical industries.
- CASAA maintains a web site at CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association for the purpose of providing easy access for members and the general public to news articles, Call to Action alerts, scientific research studies, petitions, legal actions, pending legislation and educational materials regarding electronic cigarettes and smokeless tobacco.
- CASAA maintains a discussion forum at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/casaa
- CASAA works to increase its influence by organizing activist efforts through our members, writing pro-THR articles and issuing statements to the media regarding positive and negative legislation.
- CASAA raises funds for promoting these activities and to assist in research efforts.
- CASAA's web site is a neutral ground for vendors to send customers to learn more about electronic cigarettes and smokeless alternatives.
- CASAA has additional presence on other e-cig forums, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Newsvine, Digg, Linked In, Associated Content, Google+ and YouTube. There is also an active CASAA member discussion group on Facebook called We Are CASAA.
*as of November 2015