Our mission is to ensure the availability of a variety of effective, affordable, reduced-harm alternatives to smoking by increasing public awareness and education, advocating for responsible legislative and regulatory policy designed to improve public health, and to promote the benefits of reduced harm alternatives.
As a nonprofit consumer advocacy group, CASAA’s work is dedicated to empowering consumers and representing their interests in various legislative, policy making, and rule making arenas.
- CASAA represents consumer interests at the federal level by meeting with officials, and submitting written and oral testimony before federal legislators and regulatory bodies.
- CASAA tracks state and federal legislation involving THR products and issues Calls to Action to our membership. Calls to Action are designed to allow consumers to connect directly with their legislators and share their informed opinions on legislation that directly impacts consumers.
- CASAA issues Local Alerts to its membership in affected areas, and also rebroadcasts information on local issues produced by various state and regional organizations.
- CASAA shares Calls to Action and legislative information via social media, email, and our weekly podcast.
- CASAA works to encourage responsible legislative policy designed to improve public health by recognizing that smoke-free nicotine-containing products are inherently far less dangerous than smoking.
CASAA is committed to providing smokers and non-smokers alike with honest information about low-risk alternatives to smoking so that they can make informed decisions regarding their health and lifestyle choices and advocate for themselves. CASAA also provides information on THR (tobacco harm reduction) to legislators, policymakers, members of the media, and the general public.
- The Library
- Information about Tobacco Harm Reduction
- Information about E-Cigarettes
- Information about Smokeless Tobacco
CASAA’s Testimonials Project:
CASAA collects success-story testimonials from smokers who used smoke-free alternatives to quit or reduce their smoking. The testimonials are posted on this public webpage for everyone to see.
This public collection of success stories is a powerful response to those who want to restrict access to e-cigarettes and other smoke-free products. Our goal is to present a large collection of compelling individual reports that will make it impossible for anyone to claim that substitution of low-risk alternatives (e-cigarettes, snus, and other smoke-free tobacco/nicotine products) is not a proven method for quitting smoking.
Click here to submit your own testimonial.
Click here to read some of the amazing success stories.
CASAA’s Research Fund:
On February 10, 2013, CASAA launched its Research Fund to support scientific research work that furthers its mission to protect access to, and educate consumers about, smoke-free alternatives and tobacco harm reduction (THR). CASAA provided seed money for these research efforts by by transferring $4,000 of CASAA’s general funds to the Research Fund. Concurrently with CASAA’s announcement of its Research Fund, we announced our first fundraiser, setting a goal of $15,000. CASAA was humbled by the community’s response, and we not only met our goal, but exceeded it in the space of less than a week.
CASAA has conducted three research projects to date.