Spread the word!
Bridgeport, CT – Stop a Flavor Ban!
02/23/21 – Ordinance Committee meeting. Public Hearing scheduled for 03/01/21, 5:30 PM
02/16/21 – Meeting from 02/01/21 rescheduled for Monday, Feb. 16, 2021, 6:30 PM [Public Notice of Meeting Change]
02/01/21 – [CANCELLED] Introduction and committee assignment; to Ordinance Committee.
A resolution to ban the sale of flavored vapor products in Bridgeport is scheduled for a public hearing on
Monday, March 1, 2021
Dial-In Number: (929) 436-2866
Meeting ID: 381 083 245
(see “Meeting Agenda,” below for participation details)
As noted in an article posted on Only In Bridgeport, this move parallels flavor ban legislation currently in the state legislature.
Now is the time to take action. We are providing talking points below to help you personalize your messages to lawmakers. Please take this opportunity to make contact with your local officials and urge them to reject this harmful law.
- Urge your council member to reject the flavor ban ordinance, which would restrict your ability to use low-risk alternatives to smoking.
- Briefly, share your story about switching to vaping and what role that flavors play in helping you live smoke free.
- Note any health changes you’ve experienced.
- Briefly, discuss what losing access to a local supply of vapor products will mean for you (Will you shop out-of-state, in neighboring cities, or online? Will you make your own e-liquid at home or purchase products on an underground market?).
- Be brief, be kind, and say thank you 🙂
Note: Only speakers listed on the updated agenda will be heard at this meeting. All others are invited to listen AND send a message to your councilmember.