state call to action
Spread the word!
Illinois – Stop a Flavor Ban (before it starts)
At the moment, there are five bills in Illinois that would ban or severely restrict the sale, possession, and use of vapor products in flavors other than tobacco. There is also a threat that additional legislation may be introduced that would ban vaping entirely.
Prior to hearings being scheduled, now is a good time to make contact with lawmakers and let them know that flavored smoke-free products play a vital role in helping people quit smoking and that you are opposed to this extreme legislation.
Flavor-related legislation CASAA is tracking in Illinois:
- SB 3699 – Last Action: 03/05/2020, Co-Sponsors Added
- SB 2275 – Last Action: 01/14/2020, Co-Sponsors Added
- HB 3883 – Last Action: 11/28/2019, Re-referred to Rules Committee
- HB 3887 – Last Action: 10/17/2019, First Reading, Referred to Rules Cmte.
- SB 2275 – Last Action: 10/28/2019, First Reading, Referred to Assignments Cmte.
Illinois’ legislative session is expected to conclude on January 12, 2021.