state call to actioN
Spread the word!
INDIANA – Stop a Big Tobacco Protection Act!
A bill (SB 227) known to advocates as “PMTA Registry” legislation has been introduced and is scheduled for a hearing on
TUESDAY, January 23, 2024
Senate Committee on Taxation and Fiscal Policy
If enacted, this law would effectively make the state of Indiana an enforcement arm of the Food and Drug Administration empowering state authorities to enforce the disastrous federal anti-vaping regulations. This would put hundreds of independent vape shops out of business, hundreds of workers out of jobs, and thousands of Hoosiers at risk of returning to smoking, or delaying attempts at quitting.
Please take a minute to send an email to your lawmakers urging them to oppose this SB 227!
- Tell your lawmakers that this legislation is more about protecting Big Tobacco profits than improving public health and share your personal story about switching to vaping.
- SB 227 will close down hundreds of small businesses and put hundreds of workers out of a job.
- The state doesn’t need to carry water for the FDA by enforcing its disastrous anti-vaping regulations.
- FDA has arbitrarily denied marketing orders for nearly 1 million products and is failing to move forward with authorizing others.
- If SB 227 is enacted, consumers will only have access to a handful of products that have applications pending, or are authorized by FDA.
- Be brief, be kind, and say thank you 🙂