local call to action
Spread the word!
Loveland, Colorado – [Concluded] Stop a Flavor Ban!
Options For Remote Participation in the City Council Meeting:
- By Telephone: Members of the public who wish to provide public comment on any specific agenda item or during general public comment can call the number provided below by telephone after 5:45 pm, at which time you will be muted and placed on hold. To speak to an agenda item when public comment is called for please press *9 on your phone. The moderator will then individually unmute the lines in random order of those who wish to speak for the specific agenda item and each person will have three minutes to speak. The line will be muted at the end of the three minutes.
To participate by phone, dial the following phone number: +1 669 900 6833 US
Then, there will be a prompt to enter the meeting ID followed by the pound (#) sign.
- Webinar ID: 975 3779 6504
- Passcode: 829866
- Please press # when asked for a participant ID.
- You will automatically be muted and placed on hold.
- When public comment for the agenda item you want to speak to is announced, press *9 on your phone and wait for the moderator.
- By Video: Members of the public who wish to provide public comment on a specific agenda item or during general public comment using video may use the link below after 5:45 p.m. at which time you will be muted and placed on hold. To request to begin your video for public comment please use the raise your hand feature. The moderator will then unmute your video in random order of those who wish to speak for the specific agenda item; each person will have three minutes to speak. The video and line will be muted at the end of the three minutes.
- By Electronic Mail: Members of the public may also provide public comment or comment on a specific agenda item by sending an email to Patti.Garcia@cityofloveland.org. The email must be received by 5:50 p.m. Tuesday November 17, 2020. If requested by the sender, the City Clerk will read the email into the record during public comment or public comment for the agenda item. The email will be added to the agenda on Wednesday.
- No In-Person public comment will be allowed. Watching remotely through livestream or on Channel 16 is recommended.
The Loveland City Council is moving forward with proposals to regulate vapor products.
There are two ordinances that would require all tobacco/vapor retailers to be licensed through the city. One of these ordinances, 6443(A), includes a ban on sales of any flavored tobacco or nicotine products.
These proposals will be introduced and discussed at the city council meeting on Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 6:00PM. Loveland residents are encouraged to contact their officials and urge them to oppose the flavor ban. Contact your officials using the form on this page.
Suggested Talking Points for your Comments, Phone Calls, and Public Testimony:
- Tell Your Story! How long did you smoke and how long have you been smoke-free? Also, if you tried to quit in the past, how many attempts did you make and what products did you use?
- What flavors did you use and is variety important to you?
- Explain what a flavor ban will mean for you. Will your favorite shop be forced to close? Will you shop out of state, online, or turn to an underground seller?
- Note any changes in your health. Most people report recovering their sense of taste and smell, but others are experiencing more significant improvements. Have you experienced positive changes to your health since switching to vaping?
Take Action Now!
make sure to customize your comment!