State call to actioN
Spread the word!
Michigan – [Concluded] Stop a Flavor Ban!
10/07/21 – Rule Withdrawn
10/07/21 – Meeting: Joint Committee on Administrative Rules (JCAR), 3:00PM or after committees are given leave from the House to meet, whichever is later. Location: Room 327, House Office building, Lansing, MI
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) has finalized a rule that would ban sales of vapor products in flavors other than tobacco. The rule is being sent to the Joint Committee on Administrative Rules (JCAR) for approval.
- Thursday, October 7, 2021
- 3:00 PM
- Room 327, House Office building
- Lansing, MI
This rule is a continuation of Governor Whitmer’s efforts to ban low-risk alternatives to smoking that was first proposed in 2019.
Please take action by making contact with members of the JCAR Committee and urge them to oppose this rule.
- State that you are opposed to banning flavored nicotine products in Michigan.
- Include your story noting any changes in health you’ve experienced since switching to vaping.
- Be brief, be kind, and say thank you 🙂
- Click here for more detailed talking points regarding flavor bans.
While Michigan THR advocates can breath a sigh of relief, we expect this proposal to be taken up by the legislature, which officially adjourns on December 21.
CASAA is concluding this Call to Action as SUCCESSFUL!
Thank you to all who sent messages to the committee and stay vigilant as this proposal moves to a legislative fight. CASAA will update Michigan members as details emerge.
THANK YOU FOR TAKING ACTION!