local call to action
Spread the word!
Missoula, Montana – [Concluded] Stop a Flavor Ban!
Details for Attending this Meeting:
Attend by computer:
Meetings are conducted via ZOOM webinar. Register for the live webinar to listen in and/or comment during the live meeting: https://ci-missoula-mt.zoom.us/calendar/list
Attend by phone:
Cell phone users: 1-253-215-8782, 1-213-338-8477, or 1-267-831-0333
Landline users: 1-888-475-4499 or 1-877-853-5257
Webinar ID: 880 6449 2180
Password: 027222, Press *9 to raise your hand to be recognized for public comment
Watch the meeting:
Web stream (live or on demand), YouTube, or Spectrum Cable Channel 190
For more ways to watch the meeting and submit public comment, see the Citizen Participation Guide.
Issues? Call the City Clerk 406-552-6078
The Missoula City Council is moving forward with a proposal to ban the sale of flavored vapor products.
The ordinance is scheduled for discussion and possible action by the Public Safety and Health Committee on November 18, 2020 at 9:00AM via a Zoom Webinar.
This is likely the final step before this proposal is considered by the full city council.
Suggested Talking Points for your Comments, Phone Calls, and Public Testimony:
- Tell Your Story! How long did you smoke and how long have you been smoke-free? Also, if you tried to quit in the past, how many attempts did you make and what products did you use?
- What flavors did you use and is variety important to you?
- Explain what a flavor ban will mean for you. Will your favorite shop be forced to close? Will you shop out of state, online, or turn to an underground seller?
- Note any changes in your health. Most people report recovering their sense of taste and smell, but others are experiencing more significant improvements. Have you experienced positive changes to your health since switching to vaping?
Take Action Now!
Missoula residents are encouraged to comment on the ordinance through the city’s website. You can access the comment feature on the committee’s agenda page.
- Click the button below
- Click on item 3.2, under “Committee Business”
- A box with information about the ordinance will pop up
- Click on the “Leave Comment” button to share your thoughts. There is a 1,000 character limit.