state call to actioN
Spread the word!
NEBRASKA – Stop a Big Tobacco Protection Act!
02.05.24 – HEARING: General Affairs Committee, Rm 1510, Feb. 5, 2024, 1:30 PM
01.22.24 – NOTICE OF HEARING – 02.05.24
01.17.24 – Referred to General Affairs Committee
01.16.24 – Introduction
A bill (LB 1296) known to advocates as “PMTA Registry” legislation has been introduced and referred to the General Committee. This bill is scheduled for a hearing on
- Monday, February 5, 2024
- Advocates in Nebraska are encouraged to submit written testimony. You can do so by using the committee’s Online Comment Form.
If enacted, this law would effectively make the state of Nebraska an enforcement arm of the Food and Drug Administration empowering state authorities to enforce the disastrous federal anti-vaping regulations. This would put independent vape shops out of business, workers out of jobs, and thousands of people at risk of returning to smoking, or delaying attempts at quitting.
Please take a minute to send an email to your lawmakers urging them to oppose LB 1296!
- Tell your lawmakers that this legislation is more about protecting Big Tobacco profits than improving public health and share your personal story about switching to vaping.
- LB 1296 will close down hundreds of small businesses and put hundreds of workers out of a job.
- The state doesn’t need to carry water for the FDA by enforcing its disastrous anti-vaping regulations.
- FDA has arbitrarily denied marketing orders for nearly 1 million products and is failing to move forward with authorizing others.
- If LB 1296 is enacted, consumers will only have access to a handful of products that have applications pending, or are authorized by FDA.
- Be brief, be kind, and say thank you 🙂