state call to actioN
Spread the word!
SOUTH CAROLINA – Stop a Big Tobacco Protection Act!
02/22/24 – Notice of Hearing: S. Cmte on Medical Affairs, 9:00 AM, Gressette Room 209
01/25/24 – Senate Referred to Committee on Medical Affairs
01/25/24 – Senate Introduced and read first time
A bill (S 994) known to advocates as “PMTA Registry” legislation has been introduced and referred to the Senate Committee on Medical Affairs.
This bill is scheduled for a hearing on
- Thursday, February 29, 2024
- 9:00 AM
- Gressette Room 209
If enacted, this law would effectively make the state of South Carolina an enforcement arm of the Food and Drug Administration empowering state authorities to enforce the disastrous federal anti-vaping regulations. This would put hundreds of independent vape shops out of business, hundreds of workers out of jobs, and thousands of people at risk of returning to smoking, or delaying attempts at quitting.
Please take a minute to send an email to your lawmakers urging them to oppose S. 994!
- Tell your lawmakers that this legislation is more about protecting Big Tobacco profits than improving public health and share your personal story about switching to vaping.
- S 994 will close down hundreds of small businesses and put hundreds of workers out of a job.
- The state doesn’t need to carry water for the FDA by enforcing its disastrous anti-vaping regulations.
- FDA has arbitrarily denied marketing orders for nearly 1 million products and is failing to move forward with authorizing others.
- If S 994 is enacted, consumers will only have access to a handful of products that have applications pending, or are authorized by FDA.
- Be brief, be kind, and say thank you 🙂