the state of
State Legislative Info
Looking for the
Join your state's Facebook group!
Share news, events, and upcoming legislation with other members near you
current laws & taxes
regulating smokeless tobacco & vapor products
9 tips for being an advocate
with national calls to action
Find Your Legislators
Wyoming LAWS & TAXES
- eLiquid containers must “be sold in child resistant packaging.”
- The sale and/or distribution of vapor products to persons under age 18 is prohibited.
- The purchase and/or possession of tobacco or vapor products by persons under age 18 is prohibited.
- Clean Indoor Air Act has not been amended to prohibit the use of vapor products where smoking is prohibited.
The following municipalities have ordinances that prohibit vaping where smoking is prohibited (some exclude bars and restaurants): Cheyenne, Laremie1,3
Tobacco/Vapor 21 Law: Federal law passed December 20, 2019 prohibits sales of all tobacco and vapor products to anyone under the age of 21 years old. FDA stated law became effective on that date. States may choose to continue with current age law at the risk of losing federal funding.
Flavor Bans: Federal law prohibits the sale of closed system devices (pods, cartridges) containing e-liquid in flavors other than tobacco or menthol. The city of Pinedale already prohibits the sale of flavored vapor products.
- Vapor products have a 15% wholesale tax.4 Consumers pay tax at a rate of 7.5% of the retail price IF the tax was not paid at time of wholesale purchase.4
- Smoke-free tobacco products are subject to a state excise tax of 20% of the wholesale price. The tax on Snuff is $0.60 per ounce.2